Thursday 18 April 2019

Da Ork Project Part 7.5 - Moar Speshul Boyz

Hello!

More Orks, more elite boyz. This time Kommandos and Tankbustas! Again, most of the work here was expanding the bases, but I had a few more bits to re paint here and there as well.



Kommandos. Required a few fix ups and arm swaps here and there, but mostly these are as I built them years ago. Some of them are the metal (now finecast) metal minis, but most are plastic conversions with a load more stikkbombz and kustom sluggas. I also spread out the backpacks from the metal minis onto the plastic ones in order to give more of them the kommando look. As you might imagine, this made some of them quite unbalanced, so the larger bases are once again really handy.


Tankbustas. I've got twenty of them, so I organised them into two mobs of ten. Here is the 'sensible' squad - all rokkit launchas.


And here is the 'silly' squad - two Tankhammers, two with twin rokkit pistols, two bomb squigs and a powerklaw from the index on the Nob. This leaves five with rokkit launchas, which handily allows me to field a full unit of 15 with all rokkit launchas as a more 'competitive' option.


And the back of them all. Again these are a combination of old metal models and plastic boyz with rokkit launchas, many of which has a quick repaint to give them white skull facepaint instead of red, white, pink and yellow warpaint.


Right, for now at least, that's the lot. All the current Orks are complete! I'm planning on adding some Grots and updated Boar Boyz conversions at some point, but before then I'll try and take some group shots of the whole lot. WAAAGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam messages I’m trying to use the comment moderation system. Hopefully this works!