Sunday 21 April 2019

Genestealer Cults Updates

Hello!

Now that Da Ork Project is effectively completed (for now), I've turned my attention back to the Tyranids, and more specifically the Genestealer Cult. With the 'new' Codex out, I felt it was time to bump the army up to around 2000 points on it's own, ideally making use of some of the new options and without breaking the bank.

 

Here's what I started out with. A bunch of 'stealers borrowed from Hive Fleet Goliath, the contents of the Deathwatch boxed game, a bonus box of Acolytes and some tanks off eBay. There is a converted iconward in there as well, and since this picture was taken, I have sold the Aberrants since I didn't have a minimum sized unit and the rest of the Tyranids pretty much have their niche covered.

To this I added another Leman Russ from eBay (an exterminator this time) along with a brood brother squad, another set of each hybrids purchased from Stylus of The Woffboot Chronicles, and I couldn't resist the new Magus, just because she is such a fantastic sculpt that oozes power and authority.




Here is the Exterminator. It came painted very similarly to the other tanks (one seen behind it) so mostly needed a bit of dirtying and culting up. This one did have some snow effect on it as well, but I scraped it off and applied rust to the more noticeable areas. I gave the commander a bit of an upgrade as well.


Then came the infantry. This is what they look like now, organised into units. I've got the characters at the back and six troop units of 10 arranged in front of them. Some arm swaps were done, as well as building up the new models and spraying them. The new Neophytes all got shotguns, while the Acolytes are now divided into two units, one containing 4 mining weapons, and another with 4 demolition charges. This left me with one spare hybrid, so I converted him into a gunslinging Kelermorph with a bit of an Adeptus Mechanicus theme...


Here he is, pre-spray and tidy up. He's got a Skitarii Ranger head on an Acolyte Hybrid body, with additional guns from the Tech Priest Dominus (of which most AdMech players will have one or two going spare.) Finally he sports the heavy stubber backpack from the Neophyte kit, as well as some bonus holstered pistols and pouches from the bits box. I think he looks the part.

I'm hoping to paint up a good chunk of this over the coming week or two, so expect further updates... 


2 comments:

  1. Looks promising! That Kelermorph is a great conversion, and the tank graffiti is a nice touch.

    (and is that a Hexwraith platoon at the back?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, no, those brood brothers have been painted up in a pretty standard guard brown and green. I’ll have to sneak some Hexwraith on something else though...

      Delete

Due to spam messages I’m trying to use the comment moderation system. Hopefully this works!