Sunday 9 October 2022

Kharadron Overlords Final(?) Wave

Hello!

Here we are, finally at the end of this project (for now at least) - the last wave of the Kharadron Overlords I've been doing for a client. It's been a hefty project, and I'm pleased with the results and the speed I've been getting through them, but it was a bit of a mountain of plastic! The first load included a couple of boats, all the basic Arkanauts and a selection of other units. The second was most of the elite 'infantry' and a few characters, and the third wave were a load of boats. This final selection is a mix of balloon dwarves, characters and a couple more boats. Here we go:



First up, here's some of the Dwarf bosses of the army. There's an Aetheric Navigator, another Jakkob Bugmansson (without helmet this time), an Arkanaut Admiral and an Aether-Khemist. The top brass! Or, top gold (painted as the rest, it's Retributor Armour washed with Skeleton Horde contrast.) 



Next up is Thundrik's Privateers from Underworlds. A fun little selection to paint up, nice to do alternative versions of some of the basic units as little characters. A couple of them have crystals already sculpted on the bases, which I painted in the same blue glue as the eyes etc. I think they fit in nicely with the glass crystal shards elsewhere on the army.




Speaking of characters - here's Brokk Grungsson, the steam punkiest of the steam punk Dwarves. Another fun model to finish up on.




Here's a bunch of Endrinriggers led by a third Dirigible Suit Endrinmaster. The other two got purple and cream bits on the 'balloon' the inverse of each other, so I opted to keep the third one a bit plain.



The fourth Gunhauler, this one came to me without the flight stand so it's got a bit of a stack of cork and a nail to prop it up instead!



And finally we've got a second Ironclad. This one came to me assembled and was missing the forward 'rope' components so they were replaced with some spare jewellery chain. 


And there we go, job done! This is nearly the full selection - aside from a 1000 point army I sent off ahead of the rest including the two Frigates. As I said at the start, it's been a big project, but seeing it all together, I'm really pleased with the results. I hope you've enjoyed seeing these over the past months. Thanks for reading, and stay safe out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam messages I’m trying to use the comment moderation system. Hopefully this works!