Tuesday 1 November 2022

Leagues of Votann Launch Box Completed

Hello!

For those of us who have been in this hobby for a good few years, the idea of the Squats coming back to 40k has always been a bit of a joke, a rumour never to be taken seriously or a dig at GW's past mistakes. But now, the Leagues of Votann are a thing! I just about managed to talk myself out of getting a box to paint orange, but I did offer to paint one for someone else...

So here we have some purple and yellow/gold space Dwarves for your amusement:


The full set, just about all fitting into the light box. They are a fantastic set of miniatures with loads of cool details, but to keep myself from going mad I did a decent tabletop standard that I hope is easily repeatable, using drybrushing, contrast and the wonder of the sponge!



First up, two squads of the Hearthkyn Warriors, one with bolters and one with ion, both with a medic and a selection of special weapons. I really enjoyed all the head options in this kit, in fact I only used the heads from a single set so that I didn't duplicate any, and there were still loads left. Also note the client asked for the Ironkin to have smiley faces, which is a pretty inspired touch if I'm honest. Love those happy little robots.







The Hearthkyn Pioneers might be my favourite models from the whole release - such a cool update on the old Squat Trikes. Once again the sprues are jammed full of bits, and they are a bit of a faff to build because of it, but I'm a big fan of the covered in stowage look (though if you are not, most of it is optional). 






Onto the characters, and there's this absolute unit, the Einhyr Champion. I think possibly the kit that I'm most pleased with the result of. The techniques used really worked here and the purple scheme really makes the gold details pop. Though of course at this stage I'm pretty familiar with the gold and purple combo Dwarves.





Finally, the boss himself, the Kahl. I always enjoy a good pointing power fist pose so this guy gets a thumbs up from me. Otherwise, he's just painted the same as everyone else basically. How is that you ask? Well keep an eye out because there will soon be a step by step tutorial.

But until then, I hope you like them, thanks for reading, and stay safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam messages I’m trying to use the comment moderation system. Hopefully this works!