Tuesday 26 January 2021

Nipper Jr

Hello!

As some of you may know, Nipper is my Gargantuan Squiggoth, part of my Ork horde, painted years and years ago. For Christmas last year I got a Gnawzilla, from Kromlech, which is a very nice resin kit with similar dimensions to the Forge World 'regular' Squiggoth. Obviously this means Nipper has a son now, and that I would have to paint him up in a similar scheme, which I did:






Nipper Jr here was a fun project (and nice to paint something for myself again!), it was good to see where I have improved over the years since I painted his dad. While I'm by no means a top tier painter, I've definitely added a lot more techniques to my repertoire, and I think become more 'efficient' with combing techniques like dry brushing and washes regular with highlights to create a better overall effect.

I'm particularly pleased with the face, though as he's a big lad it was hard to take a photo of it in the light box without the actual face being in shadow, here's my attempts:




Also cool to note the kit includes holes for magnets so the howdah can be removed easily:


And of course, I had to take a few shots with some passengers and with big daddy Nipper:



"Don't talk to me or my son ever again!"

I'm still quite proud of Nipper's head, I think the skin, teeth, gums etc all holds up. To my eyes there is a clear improvement in the scales over the rest of the body and the metal sections, which on little Nipper Jr just feel like they have a lot more depth to them?

Anyway, hope you like him, he is now one of my favourite miniatures, obviously. Thanks for reading, and please stay safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam messages I’m trying to use the comment moderation system. Hopefully this works!