Thursday 18 February 2021

More Drukhari - Incubi, Hellions, Scourges, Venom

Hello!

In a continuation from an earlier project, I've been painting more Drukhari (and have been searching google enough for references that I now know how to spell their faction name!) including a whole bunch of fast and choppy elements.






I enjoyed painting the Venom, using similar techniques to the Talos from the last batch, but this time weathering with a sponge rather than drybrush and painting large chipped areas. The sponge is fun, and I like the effect, after using it on Ghaz and Dave it's quickly becoming a favourite of mine.








Next I worked on Hellions - ten of them, split into fives here. Again the sponge came out for their hoverboards, while the rest was largely 'standard'. They are showing a fair bit of slightly bluish skin which gives them a distinct look from the Wracks of the last lot, but the green and brass colours should tie them in.




Most recently completed unit, the Scourges. Broke out the infamous Hexwraith Flame for their chem canister things attached to the wings. Otherwise lots of drybrushing for the green armour and grey wings of these.



Finally the Incubi, and their leader, Drazhar, Master of Blades! I put a bit more effort into the big man - he got actual edge highlights rather than just drybrushing and washes over the armour. I'm also quite pleased with their weapons - painted the brass edges then gun metal highlights, before a wash with Space Wolf Grey contrast.





There we go, another batch done. Again I'm pleased with the results, especially given the fairly short time I put into them. I'm sure there will be more of these, so hopefully that can continue! Thanks for looking, and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam messages I’m trying to use the comment moderation system. Hopefully this works!