Thursday 18 March 2021

Kraken Tyranids Wave One - Done!

Hello!

As mentioned last time (in kind of a step by step tutorial), I've been painting up some Kraken Tyranids, mostly with Contrast paints. I've now completed the first wave of them, which works out to a patrol detachment coming to just under 1000 points. It notably features the Swarmlord (aka Kevin if you are a Winters SEO fan) who got an extra bit of love as you will see below. Anyway, here's the whole lot:



Here they are. 'Kevin', eight Genestealers, twelve Termagants, twelve Hormagaunts, ten Gargoyles, three Hive Guard and two Screamer-Killers...








As mentioned above, the Swarmlord got some extra care, being the big boss bug and all. I followed the same scheme initially, then added on another layer of highlights on top, tidying up the skin and giving extra definition to those carapace markings. I also had some fun with the swords making them look like (I hope) weird, alien weapons. Since he was special, I went and put him in the light box...






So there we are, hope you like them! I'm certainly happy with the result. Next I'll have a bit of a pallet cleanser with some interesting Forgeworld units, before I start of wave two (or possibly more Death Guard). Thanks for looking, stay safe!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant stuff (I would say it was 'cracking' but the pun was too obvious). They're really well done.

    ReplyDelete

Due to spam messages I’m trying to use the comment moderation system. Hopefully this works!