Thursday 29 April 2021

Kraken Tyranids Wave Two - Done!

Hello!

Wave two of the (mostly contrast) Kraken Tyranid project is done! Ta da!



Flying Hive Tyrant, Exocrine, Gargoyles, Genestealers and some cheeky Ripper Swarms! All painted with the same method as before, except the two big monsters, who got a bit of extra effort with another layer of bone highlight over the skin.








There we go, that's two waves of Nids done, and sent off to a (hopefully) happy customer. I'm really pleased with the result based on a fairly quick and efficient scheme. Contrast paints are proving to be a valuable tool for me, and with a little bit of extra effort they can really pop. Hope you all like them, and stay safe out there.



3 comments:

  1. They look smashing, love the blue grey contrasting colour for the wing filament, great idea, stolen if I ever get around to expanding my GSC Tyranids beyond Genestealers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wings mate, would love to hear the paints used for that (couldn't see your the original article)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, sorry took a while to get back. The wings were hit with space wolf grey contrast, then painted over with Vallejo game colour heavy blue grey, leaving gaps at the edges where the contrast had pooled darkest. For the Hive Tyrant I also gave it a blue wash where the wing meets the ‘fingers’, and I think I gave it a light drybrush of a lighter grey. Hope that helps.

      Delete

Due to spam messages I’m trying to use the comment moderation system. Hopefully this works!