Thursday 12 January 2023

First Projects of the Year Compilation

Hello!

As the title says, this is just a compilation of small projects I've been working on so far this year. A small commission and a couple of Christmas presents. Here we go!





First up, it's an Ork! The awesome Goff Rokker (though in this case he's a Snakebite like the rest of my Boyz), complete with purple Amp-squig. I always enjoy painting Orks so this was a great gift from the wife. A fun and pretty quick job with contrast doing a lot of the boring work for me over a brown base coat.





Next up, some sinister looking Zoanthropes and a Neurothrope to lead them. These are more of the Xenomorph inspired Tyranids I painted at the end of last year for the Icaran Sector, and I think with the big glowing brains (via sponge) they look particularly spooky. Again they have spaceship themed bases which hopefully comes across with the various markings and bits of debris.


Finally another little project for me, some Seraphon from a discord secret santa! A cool selection of minis that caught me a bit by surprise, as I was kind of expecting 40k. Still, I do enjoy painting lizards, and I'm hoping to get the chance to play some more AoS this year, so all in all a great gift!




The Saurus Sunblood is a cool, gnarled old lizard with a big old shield. In keeping with the narrative and the official scheme, I kept him very pale, but also desert themed so he should fit in nicely.





The big old Kroxigor are pretty fun. They look a bit like giant Saurus but they prefer to hang out with skinks, so I gave them a scheme that doesn't mark them out as either, based off some real world lizards.

So there we are. That's what I've been getting up to so far this year - well that and something big that'll be getting it's own post in the near future...

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed, and stay safe out there!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam messages I’m trying to use the comment moderation system. Hopefully this works!