Tuesday 5 June 2018

Steam Powered Gorkanaut WIP

Hello!

There has been a lot of excitement recently in the 40K community about big stompy robots, so I thought I’d get the wrong end of the stick and build an Ork one. (Though for the Ad Mech there are a couple of Armiger Warglaives on their way as well.) I also thought it was about time to post something Orky on the blog given that I’ve taken the name of my Warboss for it. The construction is pretty standard with a couple of minor plasticard additions. I sprayed it on the sprue (generally not a great idea) because I wanted to make sure I didn’t spray the doors shut.


The story goes that my Snakebite boyz ‘found’ a Gorkanaut no one else was using. While it is a big piece of overly complex technology, it’s also a great big walking idol to Gork (and Mork, a bit) so they obviously felt compelled to use it. Sometimes though the internal combustion engine can be a bit of a pain, so at first sign of failure the boyz ripped it out and installed a good old reliable steam engine, that only has a small chance of exploding hilariously from the pressure.




I’m hoping to paint up the inside to look like it’s glowing from the holes in that hatch, which will be revealed when the doors are open. Otherwise the outside will be nice and rusty, and covered in soot.

2 comments:

  1. Seems a bit nu-fangled for dem snakebites, they're a bit progressive then 😂

    ReplyDelete

Due to spam messages I’m trying to use the comment moderation system. Hopefully this works!